TOWN OF CLINT, TEXAS
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
200 N. SAN ELIZARIO RD., CLINT, TEXAS
May 15, 2023 – 6:00 P.M.
An electronic copy of the meeting agenda materials will be posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clinttx/
A PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD AND COUNCIL WILL DISCUSS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING AGENDA. THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RETIRE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE AGENDA WHENEVER IT IS CONSIDERED NECESSARY AND LEGALLY JUSTIFIED UNDER THE OPEN MEETING ACT, CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL; EXCUSE ABSENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
- APPROVE MINUTES (April 17, 2023)
- APPROVE AGENDA (May 15, 2023)
- OPEN FORUM:
Public Forum: Members of the public are invited to speak during Public Forum on items that are not on the City Council Agenda. Comments regarding agenda items shall be held until the agenda item is being discussed and the presiding officer calls for comments from the public. Comments during Public Forum are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
- TOWN MATTERS
- POLICE REPORT – Activity for the month of April 2023 – Chief Robert Fernandez
- MUNICIPAL COURT REPORT – Activity for the month of April 2023 – Court Clerk Denise Perez
- TOWN FINANCIALS – Report on Town Financials for April 2023 – Town Accountant – Rose Hurt
- AGENDA ITEMS:
Council will consider and take action on the following:
OLD BUSINESS: ITEMS TABLED FROM PREVIOUS MEETING: NONE
NEW BUSINESS: The Town Council will discuss and take action on the following:
- Discuss and take action on General Engineering Services task order – Alejandra Gallegos -Huitt-Zollers – Alejandra Gallegos
- Discuss and take action on approving quote for installation of light bars on Maintenance trucks – Mayor Cano
- Discuss and take action on approving the best quote for repairs on John Deere Tractor (Model 540) – Mayor Cano
- Discuss and take action to Authorize the Mayor to sign a lease agreement with Scott Bain (DASB Investment, LTD) to lease 2,500 square feet of office space at a monthly rate of $3,125 ($1.25 SF) at the Old Mill Shopping Center, Suite O, for use as the new location for Police Department and Town Hall. Funds are available in account 61002-Lease Police Dept. Office (6100 Other Expense) – Mayor Cano / Chief Robert Fernandez
- Discuss and take action on approving an MOU between Clint ISD and Clint Police Dept. for partnership in the Clint ISD School Violence Prevention Program – Chief Robert Fernandez
- Discuss and take action on approving/sponsoring Maintenance employee Angel Turrubiartes to attend the Sheriff’s Training Academy and create an agreement/contract between the Town of Clint and Angel Turrubiartes to remain with the Clint Police Department for a minimum of two years after graduation as a condition of sponsorship – Chief Robert Fernandez
- Discuss and take action to authorize the Mayor to sign a Resolution stating Town Council approves submitting the Grant Application for Operations Stone Garden Grant Program OPSG to the Office of the Governor and designates the Mayor as the authorized official with the authority to apply for, accept, reject, alter or terminate the grant – Mayor Cano
- Discuss and take action on authorizing the Mayor to sign a Resolution to suspend the proposed Interim Rate Adjustment application filed by Texas Gas Service Company, a Division of One Gas, Inc., with the Railroad Commission of Texas and municipal regulatory authorities on March 10, 2023. The proposed Interim Rate Adjustment applies to the West North Service Area which includes Clint, Texas – Town Attorney Sylvia Firth.
- Discuss appointing two members to Planning & Zoning Commission – Mayor Cano / Town Attorney Sylvia Firth
- EXECUTIVE SESSSION:
The City Council of the Town of Clint may recess into EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter D, under Article 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney; 551.072 – Deliberation Regarding Real Property 551.073 – Deliberation Regarding Gifts and Donations; 551.074 – Personnel Matters; 551.076 – Deliberation Regarding Security Devices and 551.087 – Deliberation Regarding Economic Development
Posted this 12th day May 2023
Susie Rodriguez/Town Clerk
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town of Clint will provide for reasonable accommodation for persons attending meetings. Requests for auxiliary aids and services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting by calling the City Clerk at (915) 851-3146.