TOWN OF CLINT, TEXAS
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
200 N. SAN ELIZARIO RD., CLINT, TEXAS
May 27, 2021 – 5:30 P.M.
OPEN MEETINGS DURING COVID-19 EMERGENCY DISASTER PERIOD:
After declaring a state emergency on March 16, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott temporarily suspended certain requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act that require governmental officials and the public to be physically present at the public meeting location in order to reduce face-to-face contact and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The Town Council and staff will participate in this meeting in person at the Community Center located at 200 N. San Elizario Road, or via telephone conference.
Participation by members of the public is welcome. Members of the public may participate in the telephone conference, by calling the number provided below:
1 (701) 802-5167
Access Code: 6552724
To participate in Open Forum or to comment on any item on the agenda, interested members of the public MUST sign up prior to the meeting by emailing email@example.com or by calling (915) 851-3146, or submit their comment or question by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments or questions will be read during the Open forum or the appropriate agenda item.
An electronic copy of the meeting agenda materials will be posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clinttx/
A PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD AND COUNCIL WILL DISCUSS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING AGENDA. THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RETIRE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE AGENDA WHENEVER IT IS CONSIDERED NECESSARY AND LEGALLY JUSTIFIED UNDER THE OPEN MEETING ACT, CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. ROLL CALL; EXCUSE ABSENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
V. APPROVE MINUTES (April 29, 2021)
VI. APPROVE CERTIFIED AGENDA OF EXECUTIVE SESSION (April 29, 2021)
VII. APPROVE AGENDA (May 27, 2021)
VIII. OPEN FORUM:
Public Forum: Members of the public are invited to speak during Public Forum on items that are not on the City Council Agenda. Comments regarding agenda items shall be held until the agenda item is being discussed and the presiding officer calls for comments from the public. Comments during Public Forum are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
IX. TOWN MATTERS
- A. POLICE REPORT – Activity for the month of April 2021 – Chief – Rose Hernandez
- B. MUNICIPAL COURT REPORT – Activity for the month of April 2021 – Court Clerk Denise Perez
- C. TOWN FINANCIALS – Report on Town Financials for April 2021 – Town Accountant – Dianne Johnson
VIII. AGENDA ITEMS:
Council will consider and take action on the following:
OLD BUSINESS: ITEMS TABLED FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:
- A. Discuss and take action on appointment of alderman to Town Council to fill vacant alderman position and serve the remaining term of 1 year – Mayor Aguirre
- B. Town Clerk to administer the oath of office to the newly appointed alderman.
- C. Discussion on proposed Interlocal Agreement with Lower Valley Water Dist., El Paso County Water Improvement Dist. #1 and Huitt Zollars for the reconstruction project of Fenter Rd. – Mayor Aguirre
- D. Discuss and take action on creating an Ordinance prohibiting signage placed on city property – Mayor Aguirre
- E. Update on streetlight replacements – Mayor Aguirre
- A. Discuss and take action on Interlocal Agreement regarding Vector Services with Horizon City – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- B. Discuss and take action on Trench Line for Clint Community Center/Town Hall – Mayor Aguirre/Maintenance Supervisor Hector Parada
- C. Discuss and take action on appointing a fourth signer for all bank accounts for the Town of Clint – Mayor Aguirre
- D. Discuss and take action on Clean Up day for Storm Water Permit (required by TCEQ) – Mayor Aguirre
- E. Discuss and take action on having Octoberfest (following Covid regulations) in the Town of Clint – Mayor Aguirre
- F. Discuss and take action on Resolution to amend Budget for town expenses – Mayor Aguirre/Town Accountant Dianne Johnson
Executive Session: The Town Council will retire in executive session pursuant to sections 551.071-551.076, Texas Government Code, to discuss any of the following:
IX. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
The City Council of the Town of Clint may recess into EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter D, under Article 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney; 551.072 – Deliberation Regarding Real Property 551.073 – Deliberation Regarding Gifts and Donations; 551.074 – Personnel Matters; 551.076 – Deliberation Regarding Security Devices and 551.087 – Deliberation Regarding Economic Development
Posted this 24th day of May 2021
Susie Rodriguez/Town Clerk
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town of Clint will provide for reasonable accommodation for persons attending meetings. Requests for auxiliary aids and services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting by calling the City Clerk at (915) 851-3146