TOWN OF CLINT, TEXAS
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
200 N. SAN ELIZARIO RD., CLINT, TEXAS
June 24, 2021 – 5:30 P.M.
OPEN MEETINGS DURING COVID-19 EMERGENCY DISASTER PERIOD:
After declaring a state emergency on March 16, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott temporarily suspended certain requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act that require governmental officials and the public to be physically present at the public meeting location in order to reduce face-to-face contact and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The Town Council and staff will participate in this meeting in person at the Community Center located at 200 N. San Elizario Road, or via telephone conference.
Participation by members of the public is welcome. Members of the public may participate in the telephone conference, by calling the number provided below:
1 (701) 802-5167
Access Code: 6552724
To participate in Open Forum or to comment on any item on the agenda, interested members of the public MUST sign up prior to the meeting by emailing email@example.com or by calling (915) 851-3146, or submit their comment or question by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments or questions will be read during the Open forum or the appropriate agenda item.
An electronic copy of the meeting agenda materials will be posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clinttx/
A PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD AND COUNCIL WILL DISCUSS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING AGENDA. THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RETIRE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE AGENDA WHENEVER IT IS CONSIDERED NECESSARY AND LEGALLY JUSTIFIED UNDER THE OPEN MEETING ACT, CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL; EXCUSE ABSENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
- APPROVE MINUTES (May 27, 2021)
- APPROVE AGENDA (June 24, 2021)
- OPEN FORUM:
- Public Forum: Members of the public are invited to speak during Public Forum on items that are not on the City Council Agenda. Comments regarding agenda items shall be held until the agenda item is being discussed and the presiding officer calls for comments from the public. Comments during Public Forum are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
- TOWN MATTERS
- POLICE REPORT – Activity for the month of May 2021 – Chief – Rose Hernandez
- MUNICIPAL COURT REPORT – Activity for the month of May 2021 – Court Clerk Denise Perez
- TOWN FINANCIALS – Report on Town Financials for May 2021 – Town Accountant – Dianne Johnson
- AGENDA ITEMS:
Council will consider and take action on the following:
OLD BUSINESS: ITEMS TABLED FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:
- Discussion on proposed Interlocal Agreement with Lower Valley Water Dist., El Paso County Water Improvement Dist. #1 and Huitt Zollars for the reconstruction project of Fenter Rd. – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action on beautification project of Clint Water Tower – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action on creating an Ordinance prohibiting signage placed on city property – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action regarding Weed Ordinance No. 26 & Ordinance No. 141 and making any necessary changes – Mayor Aguirre/Mayor Pro Tem Adan Ruiz / Alderwoman Cynthia Ortiz
- Discuss and take action on Interlocal Agreement regarding Vector Services with Horizon City – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- Discuss and take action on having Octoberfest in the Town of Clint – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action on approving a Resolution by the City of the Town of Clint approving the use of certain hedging contracts by Texas Gas Service Company, a division of ONE Gas Inc. (“TGS”), 2021-2022 – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- Discuss and take action on appointing a council member to represent the Town of Clint at Rio Grande Council of Government (COG) meetings – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action on authorization for the Town of Clint to issue requests for proposals (RFPs) for administrative services and requests for qualifications (RFQs) for professional services for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action to approve a Resolution for Town of Clint approval of Hazard Mitigation Action Plan update – Mayor Aguirre
- Discuss and take action on process to auction Police Vehicles purchased from El Paso County – Mayor Aguirre/Alderman Danny Medrano
Executive Session: The Town Council will retire in executive session pursuant to sections 551.071-551.076, Texas Government Code, to discuss any of the following:
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
The City Council of the Town of Clint may recess into EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter D, under Article 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney; 551.072 – Deliberation Regarding Real Property 551.073 – Deliberation Regarding Gifts and Donations; 551.074 – Personnel Matters; 551.076 – Deliberation Regarding Security Devices and 551.087 – Deliberation Regarding Economic Development
Posted this 21st day of June 2021
Susie Rodriguez/Town Clerk
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town of Clint will provide for reasonable accommodation for persons attending meetings. Requests for auxiliary aids and services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting by calling the City Clerk at (915) 851-3146.