TOWN OF CLINT, TEXAS
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
200 N. SAN ELIZARIO RD., CLINT, TEXAS
February 24, 2021 – 5:30 P.M.
OPEN MEETINGS DURING COVID-19 EMERGENCY DISASTER PERIOD:
After declaring a state emergency on March 16, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott temporarily suspended certain requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act that require governmental officials and the public to be physically present at the public meeting location in order to reduce face-to-face contact and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The Town Council and staff will participate in this meeting in person at the Community Center located at 200 N. San Elizario Road, or via telephone conference.
Participation by members of the public is welcome. Members of the public may participate in the telephone conference, by calling the number provided below:
1 (701) 802-5167
Access Code: 6552724
To participate in Open Forum or to comment on any item on the agenda, interested members of the public MUST sign up prior to the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (915) 851-3146, or submit their comment or question by emailing email@example.com. Comments or questions will be read during the Open forum or the appropriate agenda item.
An electronic copy of the meeting agenda materials will be posted on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clinttx/
A PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD AND COUNCIL WILL DISCUSS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING AGENDA. THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RETIRE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE ITEMS LISTED ON THE AGENDA WHENEVER IT IS CONSIDERED NECESSARY AND LEGALLY JUSTIFIED UNDER THE OPEN MEETING ACT, CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL; EXCUSE ABSENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
- APPROVE MINUTES (January 26, 2021)
- APPROVE CERTIFIED AGENDA OF EXECUTIVE SESSION (January 26, 2021)
- APPROVE AGENDA (February 24, 2021)
Presentation by Town Attorney, Sylvia Borunda Firth, regarding rules of procedure for City Council meetings
Presentation: Precinct 3 Commissioner Iliana Holguin presentation on County of El Paso FASTER program, rental relief program and UMC mobile unit, – Mayor Aguirre
- OPEN FORUM:
Public Forum: Members of the public are invited to speak during Public Forum on items that are not on the City Council Agenda. Comments regarding agenda items shall be held until the agenda item is being discussed and the presiding officer calls for comments from the public. Comments during Public Forum are limited to 3 minutes per speaker.
- TOWN MATTERS
- POLICE REPORT – Activity for the month of January 2021 – Interim Chief – Rose Hernandez
- MUNICIPAL COURT REPORT – Activity for the month of January 2021 – Court Clerk Denise Perez
- TOWN FINANCIALS – Report on Town Financials for January 2021 – Town Accountant – Dianne Johnson
- AGENDA ITEMS:
Council will consider and take action on the following:
OLD BUSINESS: ITEMS TABLED FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:
- Discuss and take action on Clint street lights – Mayor Aguirre / Danny Medrano
- Discuss and take action on appointment of alderman to Town Council to fill vacant alderman position and serve the remaining term of 1 year – Mayor Aguirre / Cynthia Ortiz
- Discuss and take action on approving a Resolution authorizing Mayor to sign a Task Order for the bidding process on reconstruction of Fenter Rd. Mayor Aguirre/Huitt Zollars- Alejandra Gallegos
- Discuss and take action regarding the approval of an Interlocal Agreement between the Town of Clint and the City of El Paso for public health and environmental services – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- First Reading of an Ordinance on recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission to Town Council to rezone the following property: Valley Ranch 2, legally described as containing a portion of Track 15A Block 22, save and except a portion Grant of Easement recorded in volume 230, page 122, San Elizario Grant, Town of Clint, El Paso County, Texas containing 27.711 acres, from currently zoned as A (Agriculture) to R-1 (Single Family Residential) – Owner Carlos Garcia/JCGAR Ventures). – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- Discuss and take action approving Nepotism Policy for the Town of Clint – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
- Discuss and take action on accepting 2020 Clint Police Department Racial Profiling Report – Mayor Aguirre/ Interim Chief Rose Hernandez
- Discuss and take action on changing date for Regular Town Council Meetings – Mayor Aguirre/Attorney Sylvia B. Firth
Executive Session: The Town Council will retire in executive session pursuant to sections 551.071-551.076, Texas Government Code, to discuss any of the following:
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
A. Claim against the Town of Clint under Texas Defamation Mitigation Act – (551.071
Consultation with Attorney)
B. Discuss employee evaluations for Clint Police Officers Daniel De La Rosa and Javier
Moreno – Mayor Aguirre/Rose Hernandez
C. Discuss employee evaluations for Hector Parada, Edgard Lozano and Denise Perez – Mayor Aguirre
The City Council of the Town of Clint may recess into EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter D, under Article 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney; 551.072 – Deliberation Regarding Real Property 551.073 – Deliberation Regarding Gifts and Donations; 551.074 – Personnel Matters; 551.076 – Deliberation Regarding Security Devices and 551.087 – Deliberation Regarding Economic Development
Posted this 19th day of February 2021
Susie Rodriguez/Town Clerk
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town of Clint will provide for reasonable accommodation for persons attending meetings. Requests for auxiliary aids and services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting by calling the City Clerk at (915) 851-3146